Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Best Books of 2018

2018 was a year filled with major changes in my life, rendering me, for the first time in many years, without sufficient focus and interest in reading.  I went several months without reading a single book.  After finally feeling settled in my new city, I got a library card and started reading again.  It was a slow transition back, and I gave up on many books that didn't hold my interest.  But, these are the gems that have re-inspired me.  My top 12 or 2018 (in no particular order):

1. Strength to Love - Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. Exit West - Mosin Hamid
3. Where the Dead Sit Talking - Brandon Hobson
4. Washington Black - Esi Edugyan
5. Becoming - Michelle Obama
6. If Beale Street Could Talk - James Baldwin
7. A Place for Us - Fatima Farheen Mirza
8. Depth Takes a Holiday - Sandra Tsing Loh
9. Love is Blind - William Boyd
10. The Line Becomes a River: Dispatches from the Border - Francisco Cantu
11. American Prison - Shane Bauer
12. Ties - Domenico Starnone

No comments:

Post a Comment