Sunday, January 10, 2016

Favorite books of 2015

This year brought many personal and health challenges which took me away from my blog and even from books in general.  My work also consumed me in a way it hadn't before, resulting in me wanting to spend less time in front of a computer in my free time.  I hope to be a more consistent blogger in 2016!  Here's a list of my favorites from 2015:

1. The Story of the Lost Child - Elena Ferrante
2. Between the World and Me - Ta-Nehisi Coates
3. A Little Life - Hanya Yanagihara
4. Desert Solitaire - Edward Abbey
5. Stoner - John Williams
6. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee (re-read)
7. A Long Way Home - Saroo Brierley
8. The Last Bookaneer - Matthew Pearl
9. Under the Udala Trees - Chinelo Okparanta
10. Montana 1948 - Larry Watson


Honorable mentions to Wendell Berry and Gloria Steinem, who also helped to spark the activist in me (again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment