Saturday, March 9, 2013

Three with Ford


I'll read anything that Richard Ford writes, because I was a huge fan of Canada, Wildlife, and Rock Springs.  Women with Men is a collection of three long stories (shorter than novellas), that highlight intimate moments, mixed signals, unspoken thoughts, and crossroads moments between men and women. Two of the stories are set against the backdrop of Paris but my favorite story was "Jealous," which takes place in Montana and focuses on Ford's typical nuclear family of an estranged mom and dad and their teenage son.  Larry sets off with his aunt to visit his mother, but on the way, they stop in a small town where things quickly take an unexpected turn.  I loved the few exchanges of dialogue between the father and son, as I did in Ford's other books.  This wasn't my favorite Ford work, but very readable nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment