Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago, the second best time is now." - African proverb

Somewhere in Eastern Washington


This blog is an attempt to infuse intentionality into my experience as a reader, and to share this important part of my life with others.  I've been a voracious reader for over 20 years.  It is high time to lay down some literary roots.  


Every day, I try to carve out time to read so as to slowly chip away at my ever-growing list of books to read or to re-read.  When I travel, one of the first places I try to find is the local, independent bookstore.  As I walk home from work these days, right past the public library, I have to stop myself from visiting each day and checking out more books than I could possibly read in a three week period (3 times a week maximum)!  


My love for books is only equaled by my appreciation for chocolate, Argentina, Otis Redding, and a handful of human beings (and one mischievous cat).  Reading has been one of the cornerstones of my life, and has altered and shaped my very foundation.  Through this medium, I have caught glimpses of life in times or realms I never thought I would see, and I've been privy to the inner lives and emotions of some haunting and unforgettable fictional characters and real people I haven't been fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to meet.  


I look forward, via this blog, to sharing my ruminations, recommendations, and resources about all things literary.  I await your comments and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment